It's about time!!! My very last day in a hotel! I've been away every week day since Oct 31st in a hotel while searching for a new home in the DFW area. Looked at many homes, put in many applications, found having 3 dogs is a issue for land lords; but we did find a home! Got the key today!!! It is a big house, smaller than our current one, but will work great. Has 3 bedrooms, living/dining room, den with fireplace, kitchen with granite counter tops and eating area, and a built in garage with a mini-bar. Back yard has lots of trees, and a pool with gate. Only issues we have are no grass in the back yard, a very small master bath shower, and no dryer vent (this will have to be fixed!). Over all a good house, only 5 miles from work and less than 10 min away!
Work going well, still learning the operations side, hiring help, getting my staff into a working team. Long term the company I'm with is growing and should have great career opportunities in the future. Tricha I'm hoping will find employment at the start of the school year working for one of the many school districts in the area.
Went to our last official day at Trinity Episcopal church. Been my church home for over 10 years. During the service Fr Kevin called us up and told everyone we were leaving for DFW. Really did not hit home until after communion when several of the older ladies came up and hugged me, I started tearing up realizing I may not see them again. It is easy to think one does not make an impact on others, but the reality is we impact the lives of others each and every day. At our church we impacted the lives of many and they in turn impacted me and my family.
Had a great weekend with my little girl Emily. We spent Sunday afternoon together. After lunch at church she wanted to go to the park to play. I pushed her on the swing, helped her on the monkey bars, and on the slide. Next we went to the library, she wanted to go to the book store but I'm introducing her to the FREE book concept (at least for me if I remember to get the books back in time). Lastly, I remembered about the RV/Boat show at Maud Cobb convention center. Went there and Emily rode the small ponies and petted the camels. We saw white and chocolate stripped tigers. Looked at several RV's. Emily and I picked out several we liked, one had bunk beds and she like that RV a lot. We then went inside and had more fun. Emily went treasure hunting...a local club had setup a kids metal detector to use over a sandbox filled with coins. She found at least 10 coins and wanted to find more. The club members all came over and were having a great time watching her hunt int he sand. We then went fishing at the kids fish pond...did not catch anything, but the man running it used his net to catch a catfish and show Emily what it looked like. She then drove a boat, 4 wheeler, motorcycle, and petted parakeets in a aviary. We ended our day, went home. Tricha made her a peanut and butter sandwich...then she fell asleep until 8 pm. Long day, but loads of fun for little girl and dad. Amazing how much she has grown up and how curious she is. I love my little girl very much. There is no great joy than to be her dad!
Tomorrow I'm having an all day conference in Mineral Wells. Then a 3 hr drive back to Longview to spend the rest of the week packing up the house and getting ready to load the U-Haul truck on Saturday. Sunday we will be in our new home...and our new lives in DFW.
No comments:
Post a Comment